The RC Forums - Radio Control Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rich

Favourite Brand Of Electric Motors

Electric motors - Brands & Trust?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What brand of Aircraft motors do you USE most?

• Axi
    • E-Flite
    • E-Max
    • GWS
    • Hacker
    • Himax (Multiplex)
    • Hyperion
    • JPerkins (JP)
    • Kontronic
    • Over-Tech (Overlander)
    • Power HD
    • Purple Power
    • Scorpion
    • Tech-One
    • Tornado
    • Turnigy
  2. 2. What brand of Electric Motors do you TRUST most?

• Axi
    • E-Flite
    • E-Max
    • GWS
    • Hacker
    • Himax (Multiplex)
    • Hyperion
    • JPerkins (JP)
    • Kontronic
    • Over-Tech (Overlander)
    • Power HD
    • Purple Power
    • Scorpion
    • Tech-One
    • Tornado
    • Turnigy

So guys and girls (Electric flyers) just WHO really is your loyaly and trust with in Electric motors?

If you have all sorts, then please pick the one you USE the most over others, and the one you TRUST the most...

Sounds like a stupid question, but people may let their wallet do the talking, in spite of what they would prefer to use...

I trust E-Flite the most even though I only have a Power 32 and Park 480 flight-ready. I trust them because of...warrenty lol. I use mostly Hobbyking brands such as KDA and Turnigy I like them alot and I have grown trust in them but if you get something bad from a Chinese Hobby retailer, bad chance your going to get a new one, much less your money back!

I trust E-Flite the most even though I only have a Power 32 and Park 480 flight-ready. I trust them because of...warrenty lol. I use mostly Hobbyking brands such as KDA and Turnigy I like them alot and I have grown trust in them but if you get something bad from a Chinese Hobby retailer, bad chance your going to get a new one, much less your money back!

Fantastic point, but what is the warranty like with e-flite?

I've just managed to grab the much sought after Sonic Liner, and have ordered a pair of E-Flite 2700kv inrunners and 2 60amp pro ESC's for it, given that I also have a lot of faith in them, although all my own motors so far have been directly from Multiplex with their power set's for all my models, but I did put a Turnigy inrunner in my easystar, which seems ok, but gets SERIOUSLY hot, doing only 20amps at full throttle, yet flys half throttle almost all the time and is baking on landing..

You should be happy with those E-flite motors and ESCs. They are really overpriced buy hey they have to make a profit. I guess it depends where you buy E-Flite products, for me Horizon Hobby or Hobbyzone are excellent companies and they are very good in the customer support section. Thats if you ignore the Extra 300 upside-down wings lol.

Despite all the scare stories about Turnigy motors throwing magnets I have a collection of 8 motors and so far no problems. I generally use Turnigy ESC's as well.

M