Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rich

Bmfa Fee Increase?

Pay more membership for a national flying site?   2 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay more for a national flying site?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

So, reading the BMFA news, it seems they were discussing, and I only mean discussing the "idea" of raising the membership fee to pay for a national flying site.

Would you be happy to pay more for your BMFA membership to potentially fund a "national" flying site?

What are your thoughts on this idea. It is at the moment just an idea too, as raised at the BMFA Annual General Meeting.

So, reading the BMFA news, it seems they were discussing, and I only mean discussing the "idea" of raising the membership fee to pay for a national flying site.

Would you be happy to pay more for your BMFA membership to potentially fund a "national" flying site?

What are your thoughts on this idea. It is at the moment just an idea too, as raised at the BMFA Annual General Meeting.

The problem is that national normally means London direction, no good for the people in the corners of this island. I'm sure people have many flying sites nearby, they want to come down to Devon...1 official flying site in North Devon & its full, so no new memberships :angry:

I dunno about London, something tells me that if they "did" even consider it, it would be somewhere close to where the nationals and the BMFA HQ are more than likely... London has a fair amount of flying spots dotted around, but bloody hell, you guys have only 1 club in Devon, just 1????? Thats bonkers.. Do you know how many people are looking for one, or wanting to join an RC flying club in that part of the UK?

Dont the BMFA claim they can/will help with finding and setting up suitable flying sites? Might be worth finding out if they can/do/will and how much they could stick to their word?

Definately worth asking... In fact, I'll ask them on Monday, I'll phone them and find out...

Do you know of any suitable sites that would or might get approval?

I dunno about London, something tells me that if they "did" even consider it, it would be somewhere close to where the nationals and the BMFA HQ are more than likely... London has a fair amount of flying spots dotted around, but bloody hell, you guys have only 1 club in Devon, just 1????? Thats bonkers.. Do you know how many people are looking for one, or wanting to join an RC flying club in that part of the UK?

Dont the BMFA claim they can/will help with finding and setting up suitable flying sites? Might be worth finding out if they can/do/will and how much they could stick to their word?

Definately worth asking... In fact, I'll ask them on Monday, I'll phone them and find out...

Do you know of any suitable sites that would or might get approval?

Dont get me wrong, we do have flying sites, but they are few & far between. Newton Abbot race course is used, but its 60 miles from me, here in North Devon we have 1 main flying site (Chivenor) & no spaces left!!! There are a few dotted about in the sticks but useless for anything above 20cc size due to trees & hedges. We are trying to get a flying feild South Molton direction which will allow some of our mates from east devon to make it.

If you dont mind phoning them, that would be great Rich, remember we need some where South Molton ish :)

Ross

Hey Ross

Any chance you could pinpoint some specific sites that would be able to fit in with the BMFA guidelines, like distances to buildings, roads etc...

If we can pinpoint specific sites, and figure out who owns the land, then we have a great starting point and a bag of ammo behind us :-)